Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Total Pain of a Day

Today was a total pain i'd have to say. First of all I just got a cold. It hit me really suddenly! It was like all the sudden I couldn't breathe out of my nose at all. So I was dealing with that all day on top of the fact that I strained a muscle in my eye. Yes, that's right, I strained a muscle in my eye. Most people really don't have to worry about straining eye muscles, but because of my very frequent eye rolling tics, pulling/ straining eye muscles is just part of having TS for me. If you've never pulled or strained an eye muscle before, let me just tell you it's incredibly painful! For the first day or two after you strain it, every time you look too far left or too far right it sends a shooting and searing pain throughout your entire head. If I even begin to do an eye roll tic, i'm stopped dead in my tracks and end up lurching over in pain. I am not exaggerating here. Then after the first two days have passed, looking to the left or right is bearable but eye rolling is still intensely painful. It usually takes a weak or two for the strain to heal, but during this period of time every time I do an eye rolling tic i'm startled by the shooting pain throughout my head. Between the cold and dealing with the second day after straining an eye muscle, today was not the best day. Oh and it was freezing cold and it RAINED. ALL DAY LONG. And to top it off, I had a interview with Yale after school which I had to pretend to perk up for after a day of labored breathing and searing pain. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment