Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Latest at the Tourette's Syndrome Research Lab

Today I had a meeting with my mentors in the Tourette's Syndrome Neuroimaging research lab that I work in as a student. They are giving me my own research project, or as they call it my "baby". I am pretty much going to run it on my own and then go to my mentors when I have questions or need any help, but this is basically going to be my project. I am honored that they trust me enough and think I am capable enough to handle this big responsibility! I am also of course a bit nervous as well, but I know I can do this! It's a study about tourette's syndrome and the co-occurring hypersensitivity to stimuli, otherwise known as sensory processing disorder. I'm not going to say much more about it other than that because of privacy issues of the lab, but I can tell you that it's a pretty neat experiment and i'm excited to start working on it!

Also while I was in the meeting I told my mentors that I was going to be out of the lab to go to camp twitch and shout to be a counselor. They were so excited about this! They told me that they thought it was great that I was going to be a counselor and one of my mentors said "the kids there will love you! they're all going to want to be just like you when they grow up!" It was so nice of him to say this to me and it made me feel really good. I'm so glad to have such wonderful and supportive mentors who of course know all about Tourette's because that's what they specialize in studying :)


No comments:

Post a Comment