Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Meet Cassandra! Cassandra's Bio for the Documentary!

Meet Cassandra! She and many others will be featured in our upcoming Tourette's documentary. 

"I'm Cassandra, I'm 18, and I live in New York. I run the Tourette's Toucan tumblr!

I've had symptoms of TS since I was 5, but wasn't formally diagnosed until I was 9. 


My most consistent tics are a head jerk, an arm jerk, a few scratching tics, and a vocal tic where I basically make a "P" sound. I've also had blinking tics, throat-clearing tics, and muscle-contraction tics.

The hardest thing about living with TS is definitely the pain that comes with it, and the fact that it prevents me from doing certain things like brushing my teeth as efficiently.

I'm a double major in Psychology and English at Stony Brook, which takes up most of my time. I love to read and write, and music is a huge part of my life.

The number one thing people need to know about TS is that it doesn't make us weird or bad. It's just another part of who we are, and we've all accepted that. :]"






No comments:

Post a Comment