Sunday, August 9, 2015

"YES AND"

Today I showed this talk to my mom after describing to her the concept of "Yes and". I told her I thought it would be useful for her to use this concept with her students at her new job. She's taking a full time position for the first time since my brother and I were born. I told her the piece was about Tourette's and she told me she really wanted to see it and is disappointed I didn't show it to her sooner and haven't shown her other talks or various educational things i've found on the internet this summer. 
After I showed it to her she told me she loved it and wanted to show it to her students this year. A few minutes later she said these words verbatim: "I think i’ve learned more from you than from anyone else in my life”. I then told her I'm really glad she told me that. For the rest of the day she used the "Yes and" concept on multiple occasions with a big smile on her face and told me she was going to keep using this concept on a regular basis. 
This is probably one of the very few times in my life that i've felt like she may understand Tourette's and that this may be her way of showing me some support.


No comments:

Post a Comment