Friday, August 7, 2015

Stickered up!

Massive head ache tonight from muscular tics, head tics, and breathing tics. Also missed a good chunk of the ending of the movie my friend and I went to because my eyes were involuntarily squeezed shut. Gotta love Tourettes....Guess it's that time of the year where my tics are reved up before school starts. Transitions and anticipation is hard, but I know its temporary and things will calm down when I get settled into school. 
On a more positive note, today I spent time with some amazing kiddos in the hospital and got "stickered up" by one tough 3 year old battling cancer. She was having a rough day due to chemo, but was all smiles when I walked in and when I asked her if she wanted to play. She loved putting the ponies on me and when she accidentally ripped one she would put part of the pony on my hand and say "half a pony!" which became a cute little game. I love knowing I helped distract her from the pain. She was smiling and giggling and having a great time while we were playing. I also love holding her little sister. They are both such cuties. I love making a difference. Can't think of a better way to start the day :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment