Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Weighted Blanket Came!

So my weighted blanket was just delivered tonight! I was so happy to see the big package outside of my door when I came home from school! I took some pictures of it for my blog. It's pink and both my mom and I think its very pretty.

My mom says that when I take it to college she thinks everyone will be jealous of it and want there own. Haha, I don't know about that, but so far I am liking it. It's more of a throw over blanket for the bed and less of a comforter, but none the less I still think it will do its job.

I set it down on the couch and climbed under it to test it out and it was soooo comfy!!! It is now on my bed and I am really hoping that besides been a really pretty and comfy blanket in itself that it will also help reduce my tics at night and thus make it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep! I sure need the sleep tonight because last night after taking a full hour or more to fall asleep I was woken up at 1:30 am by a giant thunder and hail storm! It sounded like we were being attacked. My dad was afraid that it would break the windows.

So after being kept up until 2 am by the storm, the tornado siren went off and my dad insisted that everyone go down to the basement where we stayed until my dad was sure everything was safe. We stayed down there till 2:45 am and then when I got back up to my bed I found it hard to fall back asleep.

Luckily I did eventually fall asleep, but I need my rest tonight and hopefully my new blanket will help. My mom's night last night was 1000 times worse than mine so I really shouldn't be complaining. My mom was with my grandma in the ER until 5:30 AM! Crazyness! My grandma is okay really, she just has a slight case of pneumonia and some really bad anxiety which made everything worse. They had to admit her to the Psych ward and give her some kind of sedative. And this isn't even on the side of the family where my ocd and TS comes from. That's all on my dad's side. So on my mom's side we have severe anxiety and panic attacks and on my dad's side we have OCD and Tourette's. Lots of disorders, heh. Well it could be worse.

My weighted blanket on the couch!


A close up!

1 comment:

  1. Very well done! Absolutely brilliant information. I'm in love with this blog. They always provide such a great information. I would love to share you one site. they are Australian made Weighted Blankets company https://www.calmingmoments.com.au

    ReplyDelete