Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tourette's Syndrome Association (TSA) Meeting and Little Frog Boy

I just came back from my 2nd ever TSA meeting. Tonight the meeting was at a local hospital and there was a neurologist speaking about Tourette's, OCD, and ADD/ADHD. The speech sounded like it was going to be really interesting but I was outside of the room in a little alcove helping with the lego club! Only two little kids actually showed up since it was on a school night, but we still had fun! Train Man, a high schooler that I met at the September meeting, was there too and both of us helped out with the younger kids. We played a board game called friendship that was meant to teach social skills and the kids played with Lego's too. One of the little boys who was playing with us was doing these little frog jumps and donkey kicks as we played and it was kinda adorable. I am guessing they were probably tics, but they were the cutest tics I've ever seen! I kinda wanted to take him home with me :). All in all it was a good meeting. I think the boys had fun, but I am still waiting for another girl to show up at one of these meetings! I guess TS is much more common in boys, but I will be very excited the day I see another girl at a TSA meeting. I also talked with the chair of our  TSA chapter tonight about organizing an informal teen meeting for teens with TS to get together and talk and she really thought it was a great idea. I'm excited about that and will certainly post on my blog if and when we have the teen pizza dinner meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment