Thursday, August 1, 2013

Go to Camp Twitch and Shout next year! DO IT!

Hey everyone! You all should come be campers or counselors (depending on your age) at camp twitch and shout next year or in the future! If you are 18 or under you are a camper and if you are 19 or over you are a counselor! Camp was amazing and I have come away more confident, more self assured, and just so comfortable with who I am, tics and all. Like really, camp changed my life. I am serious. You really just have to go and experience it yourself fully to know what I mean. I loved watching my campers grow and step out of their comfort zone throughout the week and I loved being able to do that myself as well! I feel like I have this whole new family of people who care about me and will support me no matter what! I no longer feel alone or like I am the only one dealing with this. I feel like I am a part of this amazing community of amazing and inspiring people just like me! I strongly encourage you all to look into camp for next year or for the future. It will change your life no matter how old you are, no matter if you are a counselor or a camper, and no matter how mild or severe your tics or associated conditions are. Here is the website for you guys to check out: http://camptwitchandshout.org/ 

Even if you are hesitant about it or nervous, please check it out and consider it! I was way nervous at first but all my nerves went away completely as soon as I got to camp. I didn't even know that I could ever feel as comfortable, as confident, and as okay with being myself as I was at camp. I had no idea that kind of comfort was even possible for me. I had no idea that I would feel like I had known the other counselors and campers my whole like after just a day or two. I never warm up that fast to anyone. You just have this amazing connection there to everyone else immediately and you just have to experience yourself before you can fully understand how good it feels. 

Also, you don't have to have Tourette's to be a counselor there! You don't even have to know someone with Tourette's to be a counselor there! The counselors without Tourette's get just as much out of camp as the counselors who do have Tourette's! 

If you have any personal questions for me about camp, feel free to contact me at jspershing93@gmail.com or at facebook though my facebbok page for tourettes: https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Little-Bit-Different-Tourettes-Syndrome/164459540340080?ref=hl

1 comment:

  1. I sincerely wish I could. If I still lived in the continental US, I would! For now I'll have to read about it in your blog.

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete