Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day

So yesterday was memorial day! I went to two memorial day "pool" parities.  A sorority pool party and a family pool party! This is the first time in a long while that I have actually been able to go to a pool party wearing a swimming suit and confident that I would be able to go in the pool. My OCD made this impossible in the past and I am so proud of myself that because of how hard I worked and how much of my OCD I was able to overcome during my intensive treatment I will be able to have fun today, do what everyone else is doing, and not have to worry about my OCD getting in the way! I love that I got to wear a cute swimming suit, a sun dress, and flip flops! All things that I would not have been able to do a year ago because of my OCD. 

Even though it ended up raining and no one actually got in to either pool at either party, I was just happy that I could have gotten in the pool if that's what everyone else was doing! I had a fun time at both parties even though it was rainy and yucky outside! We stayed inside for both parties and they were fun. Great food, friends, and family! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment