Thursday, January 22, 2015

Telling a Friend Who i'm going to Live with Next Year about Tourette's

Talked to my friend (who is a sister in my sorority) tonight, and it went great! I She asked me to live in an on campus apartment with her for next year so I thought it would be the best thing to tell her about my tics ahead of time. I told her in a casual way and in a way that made it seem like no big deal, while also letting her know what my tics are like and about my vocal tics. She didn't bat an eye. She wasn't phased at all. She treated me just like she always does. I told her people usually get used to it pretty quickly just like you might get used to someone who has allergies and coughs or sniffs a lot. She smiled at me in a very reassuring way and told me that she's sure that's what will happen with us and that she isn't worried about it at all about it when it comes to housing next year. So we will be living together next year as long as everything goes as planned :) 

Can't wait to spend more time with her and get to know her even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment