Tuesday, July 1, 2014

One Week and Two days Till Camp Twitch and Shout!!!

The tics are getting way crazy here as we get closer and closer to camp. 1 week and 2 days!!! Excitement, excitement, excitement!!! Even though the excitement makes my tics a bit worse than usual, camp is so worth it!!! Tonight I went to the airport to pick up my mom since she was coming back into town after visiting some colleges with my brother. As I stepped into the airport a wave of excitement came over me that I was not expecting at all! My whole body went crazy with the excitement! 

I even started smiling uncontrollably when the person standing next to me starting sniffing. Yes, they probably had a cold but to me all I could think was camp camp camp camp tic tic tic tic camp camp camp camp!!!!!! Ahh I don't know how i'm going to handle the excitement of being at the airport when i'm ACTUALLY going to camp or how i'm going to handle hearing the first few tics coming from someone else besides myself!!! What an amazing relief it will be to not be the only one ticcing again and to be among so many other people who understand what it's like to live with Tourette's! What a relief it will be to just let myself be free :)

2 comments:

  1. I was just diagnosed in May of this year so I'm going to apply to be a counselor next year! I really hope I get in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin- I heard about Theo's walk! So great! Glad he will be coming back to camp again this year :)

    ReplyDelete