Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 2

Day two of dealing with the f word tic. I was going to be hanging out with one of my high school friends today so I sent her a text giving her a heads up about my new tic. She texted me back saying "I can't speak for everyone, but I can promise you don't have to worry about it around me." 

Later that day when I went to hang out with her, my new tic did happen many times. She told me not to feel bad about it and that if it would make me feel better she would start saying bad words with me. LOL! I have the best friends! For sure :)

She also told me she was sad that I no longer have my "um woof" tic so frequently anymore. She told me she liked that one! I thought this was funny. I love it when my friends can talk with me about my tics like it's just another normal conversation. It makes me feel like there's no elephant in the room and no subject to tip toe around or be overly sensitive about. I really am so lucky to have amazing friends like her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment