Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Trip to the Bank

Today I went to the bank to deposit the money I earned from my job as an usher at Opera Theater. I actually earned quite a bit of money working there which is always nice. But that did mean that it would take a little longer for the teller to deposit everything in my checking account. As she was entering in the numbers on the computer, I started doing one of my tics without even realizing it.

When I'm next to a counter, I will usually start banging my knee up against the counter. I do it so often that I don't even realize when I'm doing it. I'm not sure how long I had been doing that tic but the teller next to the one who was helping me said "Does anyone hear that banging?? Or is it just me?". The teller who was helping me replied with "I hear it. It's loud". The man next to me even chimed in too saying that he was hearing it too.

I was trying to figure out what the banging noise was, when I suddenly realized it was me again. Note to self: check what I am doing when people around me comment on unusual noises. I immediately stepped back  from the counter so that my knee would stop banging into it and after I had stopped, the tellers agreed that the people upstairs must have been having a wild party or racing. This kind of thing really does tend to happen to me too often. That's life with Tourette's for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment