Monday, December 2, 2013

Tic Log 12/2/13

Since i've been on Clonidine for a little more than a week now, I decided I should start tracking my tics and other symptoms as well as my sleep. I find it hard from day to day to realize if my tics are getting better or worse and what the general trend is, so I figured I would be able to see the general trend better if I started tracking it and writing it down on the blog. So this post will be my first entry for tracking my tics and other symptoms.This is my second day of tic logging. 


Monday 12/2/13: First day back to school after thanksgiving break. First day back in the swing of things can be stressful for me. Change is always stressful for me. Tic triggers of being in class and with friends are back. Also I have a paper due on Wednesday and a test on Thursday. Last week of classes before reading week and then more exams. 

Night before: Took Clonidine at 11:15ish. Took about 15 minutes to fall asleep. (Wow! I am loving it!) 


Morning: Eye tics, head tics, sniffling (Mild tics) 


Afternoon: Head jerks, whistling, eye tics, facial tics
, some hitting tics (hitting the side of the table, my arm, and my chest) in poetry class. Poetry class is a trigger for me because it is a small class of 10 people and small classes are always triggers for me because they are stressful and there are less people so I feel like my tics are more noticeable in this setting and like people are staring. (Moderate to bad tics)


During and after poetry class I was really tired and had a headache. I don't know if this is because of the Clonidine or what, but I really hope this doesn't become a regular thing. I was so tired and ticcy that I had to miss my third class of the day and I went back to my dorm room and slept. I slept from 2:50 to about 4:00. When I woke up I was no loner tired.
 
Evening: I tabled with my friend Nat (a blog nickname) for selling candy grams for our sorority. Head tics, eye tics, and a few vocal tics, some wheezing/coughing tics on my way to and from tabling. Now back in my room my tics have calmed down. (Mild to moderate tics) 







No comments:

Post a Comment