Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Meet Holly! Holly's Bio for the Documentary!

Meet Holly! Holly will be featured in our upcoming documentary. 

"Hey my name is Holly. I'm 16 and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee.

I have had tics since I was 12 but wasn't diagnosed until May of this year.


I have a wide variety of tics including squatting, jumping, barking, coprolalia, blurting out random words and head jerks and arm flailing too. There are just too many to count!

I would say the hardest part about having TS for me is that people judge before they even know me.

My favorite thing to do in the world is play saxophone. I've been in band for 6 years and I was drum major this year (the conductor of a marching band). I would die without it.

I think people should know that underneath people with Tourette's are still people and not a freak show. We do have feelings and I think people actually do forget that."






No comments:

Post a Comment