Sunday, January 1, 2012

Uber Proud Mom, Dad, and Boyfriend!

So the documentary project is going really well! I now have over 12 videos that I can use for the documentary, 10 of which are original videos that were made specifically for this documentary project! That's really exciting I think! The videos are from kids as young as 8, teens, and my oldest contributor is 21. I decided to tell my mom about the project because I'm really proud of it, but I wasn't sure what she would think. Turns out she was uber proud! She's so impressed by the project that shes been telling everyone she can. She even sent the link to our family friends and my grandparents. She even e-mailed it to me tutor! Hahahah! And now she is insisting that I tell some of my teachers about it and thinks I should e-mail the link to  my documentary trailer to my school counselor and college counselor. I probably will do that but I'll probably wait a few days to give them time to get back to school and such considering I start school in two days.  My dad is proud too. I think this is the first time we've been able to talk about TS openly like this. I asked my mom the other day what I should say if someone who doesn't know I have TS asks me why I'm making the documentary and her response was that it was really up to me and what I am comfortable with. This made me very happy because although I know shes already alright with me telling people about my TS this confirms that she is still alright with it. This documentary is turning out to be a fantastic thing for my family and for my own confidence and feeling of acceptance in my family.  My boyfriend is proud too and absolutely loved the trailer when I showed it to him. He's been texting me about how much he loves it and can't wait to see the final product.

Besides that I had a really fun New Years Eve with my boyfriend. We went to this really fun New Years Eve celebration downtown and we both had a lot of fun. We saw a great improve show, a trampoline show, and a magician. We also ate some great food and just had fun talking. We got lost a few times getting there but thank god I had my handy dandy iphone with me! I pulled it out and once we started using it we found our way. Got some stares throughout the night, but they didn't bother me because I'm used to it and my boyfriend was there with me. It always helps when your with someone because its like you can show that your a normal person who has people who love and care about them. Between this and my documentary, i'd have to say what a way to start the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment