Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Steff's Tourette Syndrome Story

Steff's Tourette Syndrome Story





Q:What is your name & how old are you?
A: Steff & 23.

Q: How long have you had Tourettes?
A:I was diagnosed when I was 7.

Q: What kind of tics do you have?
A: Most facial, some arm spasm like twitches .. when I type, like now...my hands twitch alot. When there is something wrong(toothache, knee pain, headache) my tics localize to that area. I've had a wink that I have had since I was diagnosed. That gets interesting sometimes.

Q: Do you have any associated conditions?
A: I have OCD, am mildly BiPolar, & have anxiety.

Q:What's life like living with TS?
A: It's life. I take each day for what it is & hope tomorow will be good too. My tics are worse at night, or when I am stressing and my anxiety picks up, other than that, I usually get by okay.

Q: What advice can you give others that are newly diagnosed?
A: Live your life! I am a regular person, I just move around more than others. I hate people on any TS site that hate the world. Yes, its rough, but it's amazing also.

Q: Whats the hardest thing about having TS?
A: Meeting new people or getting a new job. People are so quick to judge. Seeing other people get down on themselves because of the condition.

Q:What do you think others should know about TS?
A:I am just like you, I just move more. You cant catch it, I cant help it, get over it.

Q: What are your strengths and what do you like to do?
A: I clean, alot. I also like to exercise. Not just run, but actually exercise. I also do alot with my dogs.

Q:What are your dreams & goals in life?
A: To help others with TS. To have a lovely family, with kids. They may or may not be born with Tourettes. But we will take that journey in stride when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment