Monday, August 18, 2014

Martyna's Story


Martyna's Story 



Q:What is your name and how old are you? 
A: My name is Martyna, I'm 15 years old, and I'm from Poland. 

Q: How long have you had Tourette Syndrome? 
A: I was diagnosed with Tourette's about 2 years ago. 

Q: What kinds of tics do you have? 
A: When I was younger I had a lot of different tics like eye rolling but they weren't very noticeable. When I was 13 I started to shout and I didn't know what was happening to me. My parents were really sad and angry. Now, I'm taking a medicine that really works for me so my tics are a lot better. 

Q:What is life like for you living with Tourette Syndrome? 
A: Life with Tourette's is really hard. When I first started to have tics it is very difficult, but it got easier as time went on. 

Q: What's the hardest part about having Tourette's? 
A: I think the hardest part about having Tourette's is meeting new people. They don't know why I'm shouting and sometimes they are scared. It's hard going to the movies and my main problem is going to church! I can't stop ticcing in church. 

Q: What advice can you give others who are newly diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome?
A: Don't worry, just be happy! You must live the life! Dont worry about people who don't understand. Think positively! 

Q:What do you think other people should know about Tourette Syndrome?
A: Other people should know that our tics aren't our fault and they should accept us. 

Q:What are your strengths and what do you like to do? 
A: I really love reading books! My favorite genre is fantasy. I am interested in learning more of the English language and next year I'm going to be in a special English competition. 

Q: What are your goals in life?
A: When I grow up I want to be a doctor and help polish people who have Tourette Syndrome. I will be a doctor with my own experience with having Tourette's. I would like to say you more but I can't find enough words in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment