Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"They'll know soon"

Today is Wednesday, my first post in my hopefully long line of daily posts, and the day of my weekly appointment with Ginger Therapist. I recently switched therapists because I just couldn't stand my last one. Ginger Therapist sometimes really cracks me up with some of the things she says. It's like you just never know what's going to come out of her mouth next. Today I mentioned that I was nervous about this year's upcoming Regatta (race) which is in two weeks. I'm a coxswain for a rowing club and the Regattas are a BIG deal. There are a lot of things that make me nervous about the Regatta especially with my OCD but one of the things that's making me the most nervous is the seven hour bus ride to Ohio. As you can imagine 7 hours in a packed bus is not the ideal place for someone with Tourette's. I told Ginger Therapist that I was nervous about the bus ride  because "well you know....I make noises" and her response was "Well don't they already know about that?" and when I told her that not all of the girls on the team did know she laughed a bit and said "Well, They'll know soon". At first I thought that this might be an odd thing for a therapist to say to a patient but then I looked back at my after lunch break earlier today when I was hanging out with Pessimistic Friend and chirping, squeaking loudly, and making my forceful "heh" noise. At this point I thought to myself "Yes, this is true. They'll know soon."

One more note before I end today's post: I think I'm having more fun making up funny nick names for everyone than actually writing these, lol. I will try to avoid using lol and haha in my posts. I consider them to be rather useless and annoying so maybe this blog will help me break that habit of using them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment