Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Positivity Challenge!


I've decided I'm going to start a positivity challenge! I will look for one positive thing in every day and write it down/ blog about it! I will also try to write something I am grateful for each day.  I'm going to try to do this for as many days as I can! I may skip some days, but i'm going to try my best! 

If you train your brain to look for the positives, your brain will automatically start doing this and you will be a happier and more positive person overall. For anyone who wants to take the positivity challenge along with me, please send me your positive moments and I will post them on the blog! 

July 28th 2015- 

Today I reconnected with an childhood friend. I'm  excited because she moved in a few houses down from me coincidentally. I'm hoping this is the start of a beautiful rekindled friendship. We both have differences we've had to deal with in our life and today we went to the baseball game together and  talked through all 9 innings. We both opened up to each other about what it's like to grow up being different and it felt really great to be open with her. It was so nice to feel safe and comfortable opening up to her. I hope she felt the same way when she opened up to me. It was nice to share such similar experiences with each other. We have a lot in common and i'm really looking forward to spending more time with her over the next month or so before school starts. 

Today I am grateful for the fact that she moved in so close to me and we get this chance to reconnect and share our experiences. I'm also grateful that camp gives me an easy opportunity to open up to others about my tics. When my friend asked me how I got involved with the camp I was able to easily open up to her and tell her that I got involved because tics run in my family and that I have tics too. I'm also grateful that i'm not the only one in my family who has TS. The fact that my cousin has been diagnosed with TS too and that there is so much OCD in my family helps me to feel so much less alone and less singled out. I'm not the only one in my family who deals with this and that simple statement helps more than I can express. And of course like every day i'm grateful for my camp family who remind me on a regular basis I am never alone. They are always there for me and have my back. I am VERY VERY far from being along. I am surrounded with love, support, friendship, family, and acceptance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment