Sunday, September 6, 2015

Two Weeks into my Senior Year

Well i'm two weeks into my senior year and there's not all that much to report! I really like all my professors and classes (besides one) and telling my classes about TS went very smoothly, as expected. After I got settled into my dorm room and told all my classes, my tics have calmed down compared to how they were after camp. They were pretty bad after camp up until I started school because I was nervous about the transition and had also just spent a week being triggered by everyone else's tics. Camp is so worth it though, so I really don't care that my tics get worse there and afterwards.

My stomach punching tic has pretty much disappeared which is fantastic and overall my tics have calmed down. The one thing i'm not a huge fan of right now is that I've had quite a few times while at college when my tics have become more severe during the evening while i'm in my dorm or before bed. Strategies are helping to some extent at night, but i'm still working on trying to find ways to reduce the episodes where my tics act up at night.

I tic quite a bit during the day, but some nights the tics just tend to really wax and I have the feeling of "not being able to get the tic out" where I just feel very unsettled inside and like ticcing isn't helping make this unsettling energy go away for very long. I doesn't feel to great and it's upsetting, so I'm just trying to figure out how to have less of these episodes.

Besides this, all is well. Classes are good, friends are good, research and extracurriculars are good. I went over to a friends apartment last night after my grandma's 80th birthday to watch a movie and have dinner which was fun. Tomorrow is labor day so i'll be going over to my grandpas house to have our annual labor day pool party and to see my cousins.

Wish I had more to say right now, but the heat has made me so worn out! It's been so hot lately which has been making my tics act up a little more these past few days and has been making me so incredibly tired!! It also makes me feel like I just don't want to move at all. Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment