Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Professor with Tics!

One of my psychology professors has facial tics! So cool! I love seeing people with Tourette's / tics making their way through life, succeeding, doing what they love, and never letting their tics get in their way!

I haven't officially talked with her yet about my Tourette's and she hasn't told me she has tics, but as someone who has TS and researches it, I know tics when I see them.

I'm going to meet with her next week to talk with her about my TS. I originally wasn't going to, because it's a bigger class, but I've been having a tic of raising my arm/ hand and supressing it in that class has been interfering with my concentration, so I decided I'm going to meet with her so I don't have to worry about it.

I will update later about how that goes.

Yesterday I told another professor and a class about my TS, and like usually it went so well. The professor was amazing and I absolutely love her and how she mad me feel so accepted and comfortable about my tics. She told me she had a grad student who hiccuped and that everyone got used to it very quickly. She was very warm and welcoming. Her class is developmental neuropsychology and since that's what I want to focus on in grad school, I couldn't be more excited for her course! She says it's her favorite course to teach, so that's always a great sign :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment