Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Neuro Appointment Tomorrow

Well tomorrow is my appointment with my neurologist. Ironically having had Tourette's since I was three years old and having been diagnosed for about 3 years now this will only be my second time seeing my neurologist. The first and only time I have seen him as a patient was when he diagnosed me about three years ago. Now I am looking into meds, specifically the clonodine patch that worked so well with so few side effects for my cousin. I'm nervous but also hopefully. What would it be like to lay down in bed to sleep and be still? I have never felt that feeling, and I there is a small part of me that holds the hope that I may soon feel that. Only a small part because I don't want to get my hopes up if it doesn't work out. I will update you guys soon on how my neuro appointment goes. At least my mom is being supportive about my decision to try medication.

On a side note my newest decision as of the moment is that I want to study to be a Pediatric Neuropsycologist who works in a hospital setting with children who have either epilepsy, traumatic brain injury, brain tumors, or neuropsycatric/ neurodevelopmental disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment