Sunday, June 24, 2012

I've been crazy busy: OCD intensive and more

Gosh I have been so busy! The last two weeks I have not been on even facebook or youtube for more than 10 minutes and that's really saying something. Every week day at 10:00-12:00 I have been going to the OCD intensive program i've been blogging about. Then I've been working at a neuroimaging lab from 2:00-5:00 which I have not yet blogged about. And then from 6:30-11:30ish I've been working as an usher at my state's opera company. Yes, i've been busy. And the past two days I have been doing an orientation summer program where I get to register for classes, meet my advisor, meet some of my classmates, and do fun activities. Gosh I haven't blogged in so long that I don't even know where to start. I almost want to skip blogging about all this because it's just soooo much stuff that's been going on. So I guess I will do a quick summery for each and then go into more depth later if I feel like it.

OCD intensive program: I have been making progress! At least I think I have been. Mostly mental progress because I haven't done any real exposure yet, but I feel like i'm ready to do exposure which for me is a lot of progress! I love the other people in the program and group. They are all around my age and it's so nice to feel like i'm not the only person dealing with this. A girl named Ally also has tics like me. She doesn't specifically have Tourette's but she knows what its like to have tics. When I mentioned to the group that I have Tourette's/tics, Ally said "I have tics too so you don't have to worry about getting any stares here!" and another girl in the group also said that she has tics when she gets nervous. I feel so at ease with these people because they know exactly what i'm going through. Ally and I always talk on our breaks and yesterday we talked about tics. I have this semi-new tics where I make a sort of grunting/coughing noise and she asked me about it. I told her it was a tic, and that's what got us talking about it. She told me she has neck and shoulder tics and that her friends joke with her and call it "an ally spaz". She then said she even made her e-mail something to the effect of allyspaz@gmail.com or twitchyally or something like that. I thought this was cute and told her that under my about me section on facebook it says "I make noises; you should be jealous" and she just loved that! Anyway, on Monday I actually start doing exposures. I'm pretty nervous, but I'm going to try my best and I think I can do it.

More to come about the neuroimaging lab and Art Sci weekend later!

No comments:

Post a Comment