Friday, June 12, 2015

Breathing Tics

Finally getting some relief tonight from my breathing issues. For the past two days i've had almost a constant feeling of not being able to get enough air in my chest due to breathing tics and anxiety. I have so many tics where I either stop breathing just for a second, stop breathing for a longer period of time, or breathe in and out so rapidly that I'm not getting enough air. These tics are usually accompanied by extreme tensing of the muscles in my chest. Even when I just stop breathing for a second, my muscles tense and twist in this way. 
This is a tic that hardly any one sees, but one that is very painful and affects me. It's hard to move though my day when i'm just not getting enough air. I become very clumsy and my coordination seems to deteriorate as well as having the constant feeling that I can't catch my breath. 
I'm glad i'm getting some much needed relief from these breathing tics tonight though. I really needed a break.

2 comments:

  1. I have suffered from the same thing, a feeling of anxiety almost squeezing the air out of my chest, and I sometimes get obsessed about holding my breath for as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie,
    I know what u are going through. I need your's and A Little Bit Different's help desperately.. Please read this story and if you want to help me, try and get it on the blog. I need as many people with TS to see this and I think many will help me.

    Thank for caring,
    Jeff Bathiany

    GiveForward.com/CaptainJeff

    ReplyDelete