Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Eating Cycles

Does anyone on here have this experience or have a child who goes though phrases like this? 
I experience a lack of interest in food/ eating during times of anxiety/stress. I go rapidly between having a normal/healthy appetite and enjoying food to having very little interest in eating/ food. Sometimes my lack of interest will last for a few days, a week, or a month. During these periods, I still get hungry, but only want to eat to relive the hunger and have no interest in having more than a few bites of food. I eat more than a few bites because I know I should, but usually can't eat more than half of whatever is on my plate.

I have no concerns or anxiety surrounding my weight, and I don't desire to loose weight. I'm at a healthy weight most of the time, but during the times i have little interest in food, I can lose between 5-10 pounds. 
It's not that I don't get hungry, it's that I have little interest in eating and when I do eat I have little interest in eating more than a few bites. 

I have found it seems to come in cycles. I will have a period of a week or two where I have little interest in food and then I will suddenly wake up and be very interested in food. Right now I have little interest in food. I would say this time it started a couple of days again but hit full force today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment