Saturday, July 26, 2014

Nervous about Starting School Again....

Had to lay down for about 45 minutes to support my head against the mattress while having non stop vocal tics, head and neck tics, punching tics, and full body tics. It's been quite a while since that has happened. I think one of the reasons is because i'm getting nervous to start my Junior year of college. I still have 4 weeks of summer left, but my brain always seems to want to jump ahead......I guess i'm nervous about the first few weeks of school which always tend to consist of a constant stream of explaining Tourette's to the new students living in my dorm, my new classmates, and new professors. While most of the time I actually enjoy the opportunity to educate others about Tourette's, the first week of school I end up explaining myself and educating others around me so much that I just tend to get a little frustrated with it. Also even though I've done this so many times before, I still get nervous being in environments with new people who don't know about my tics yet.
Even though i'm nervous about it, I know it will be easier this year. After my second year of being a counselor at camp twitch and shout, I know I'm more confident in general, even better at talking openly and confidently about my Tourette's, and just like last year I know I have my camp family behind me who all know exactly what it's like to live with TS. Also I have some great friends from last year who will be living with me again this year who will be there to support me. Regardless of all of this though , i'm still nervous and can't seem to shake the emotions....

No comments:

Post a Comment